Pages

Friday 5 June 2020

Microsoft MakeCode - Compass

Last term, before the corona virus lock down, our electrical class were working on our assessed projects. There were three projects to choose from, a compass for the blind, ukulele tuner or design a space invaders game. I choose to make a compass for the blind, by using different pitched bleeping sounds to distinguish between north and south, accurate within 2 degrees. I did try and use a recording to say when the compass was pointing north but the program was unable to record a voice tape.

On the coding program screen, there is a replica of a microbit. when i had finished coding  I used the replica microbit to test my piece of code. I had to make  few adjustment to the pitch of the bleeps and the time between each sound.

I really enjoyed making this piece of code and maybe, if I add more software, then I will be able to make the voice recording work :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying your electronics class Astin. You've made really good progress with your compass and I like the design thinking you've applied. Thinking about your 'end user' is really important in computer programming, it helps make programmes more user friendly. Can you identify what the inputs and outputs are in your programme?

    ReplyDelete